about 1 year ago
Role Junior IT Assistant
Supported by IT Manager
Main Purpose To provide effective support to the IT Team
Overview of the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to support our IT Manager with basic tasks in managing the IT requirements of the organisation and ensuring all workstations are operating smoothly and efficiently.
This would be a great opportunity for someone wanting to gain experience in IT support at a junior level or wishing to build a CV.
We are looking for a volunteer who, ideally, will have the following skills and knowledge:
- General understanding of IT
- Basic understanding of computer hardware
- Basic understanding of Windows operating systems
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office 2010
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Ability to do Windows / Microsoft Updates
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness / ability to lift and carry IT equipment
In addition it would be nice to have:
- Basic understanding of windows registry
- A friendly environment where your support will be valued and appreciated
- The opportunity to understand a corporate server and network infrastructure
- The opportunity to understand basic user support
- The opportunity to do basic maintenance to workstations
To operate within Chickenshed policies and procedures, including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and safeguarding policies
Times and Commitment
This is a voluntary position for someone who can spare time on a regular basis. Flexible hours are possible.
Chickenshed is a theatre company based in Southgate, North London, and with a branch in Kensington and Chelsea. The company’s vision is a society that enables everyone to flourish, and Chickenshed’s mission is to create entertaining and outstanding theatre that celebrates diversity and inspires positive change.
For over 40 years Chickenshed has pioneered an inclusive performance methodology. As well as offering over 250 performances per year at our purpose-built theatre, Chickenshed is also an educational establishment delivering Level 3 and Undergraduate courses. With huge Children’s Theatre and Youth Theatre membership schemes for 5 – 21 year olds and an ongoing programme of outreach projects working with some of the hardest to reach communities, Chickenshed is truly ‘Theatre Changing Lives’.
Chickenshed believes in inclusive practice. We are committed to working with volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds.
To apply for this role please email Jenny Kettleton (Volunteer Co-ordinator) on JennyK@chickenshed.org.uk