4 months ago
Position: Internal Communication Manager
Volunteering commitment: minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
As the Internal Communication Manager, you'll be working to help volunteers across ConnectionHub Charity stay up to date about the charity's vision, goals, projects and executive updates by leading strategic internal and executive communications programs. You will work across teams including Marketing, Operations & Communication, Human Resources, Education & Innovation, and International Corporations & Partnerships to support the Charity mission and evolve Charity story. The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller with good interpersonal skills and a passion for creating experiences.
Internal Communication Manager Responsibilities:
- Create and manage a content calendar.
- Create, implement and manage a proactive internal communications strategy.
- Ensuring all volunteers have access to a range of internal communications (IC).
- Write, create and produce regular content that informs, engages and motivates all volunteers.
- Consulting with volunteers across ConnectionHub to gain their views on ConnectionHub internal communications and their suggestions for improvements.
- Draft messages or scripts from executive director for presentation to volunteers in written or spoken form.
- Ensure internal and external communication messages are consistent and ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the charity.
- Ensure effective mechanisms are in place to relay urgent news as well as for crisis communications.
Internal Communication Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree programs in public relations, communication, English or related subjects.
- Relevant experience (minimum 1 year desirable).
- Ability to clearly explain complex issues.
- Able to communicate very well with a range of different people.
- Demonstrate good written communication and editing skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Have good project management skills and ability to prioritise projects and tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications, as well as IC channels and tools.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: email@example.com