About Breathe On
- Reporting to - Operations Director (Regional)
- Role - Human Resources Manager
- Location - Remote
- Hours - TBC (4-10 hours a week)
Work with the Breathe On senior management team (SMT) to devise a workable HR strategy and translate that HR strategy into a functional HR workforce/operational plan.
As we work with volunteers, we appreciate someone who has worked as a volunteer and worked with volunteers to understand the effort they put in to support an organisation.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Carry out a 'check in' interview for volunteers, allowing management to make improvements to volunteer engagement and motivation,
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Carry out quarterly performance appraisals of volunteers to assess their needs and motivations, using this knowledge to improve performance.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Requirements and skills
- Experience in a HR role preferably as a HR Manager or Manager with good understanding of HR. Other roles such as Volunteer Manager and Volunteer Co-ordinator would be useful experience.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Line management experience
- People oriented and results driven
- Some experience with Human Resources metrics would be helpful
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases e.g. Trello.
- Ability to devise a HR strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Good knowledge of employment law, with reference to employment law relating to volunteers and HR best practices,
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Human Resource Management, at least CIPD Level 5 or above.
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.