Hammersmith and Fulham, London
almost 3 years ago
Job Title: Volunteer HR and Office Assistant
Reporting to: HR and Operations Manager
Term: 3 months minimum
Hours: 9.30am to 5.30pm (with some flexibility), 2-3 days per week.
Public transport expenses reimbursed, subject to a weekly maximum .
Daily subsistence reimbursed, subject to a daily maximum.
Media Trust is a communications charity that believes in the power of media to change lives.
We do this by bringing together professionals from across the media industry and inspire them to share their communications knowledge, expertise, skills and time with charitable organisations, communities and young people.
We enjoy outstanding support from the media industry. Our corporate partners provide invaluable skilled volunteers, who offer training, content creation and mentoring. Their passion, creativity and skills help us make a huge difference to so many people across the UK.
Our media industry corporate members include: A+E Networks, adam&eveDDB, AMV BBDO, AOL, Ascential, BBC, BBH, Bloomberg, BT, Camelot, Channel 4, Clear Channel, Dentsu Aegis Network, Discovery, dmg media, Endemol Shine UK, ESI Media, Facebook, Fujitsu, Global, Google, GroupM, Guardian Media Group, Havas, Hearst Magazines UK, ITN, ITV, Maxus, MEC, Mediacom, Mindshare, m/SIX, Next15, Pearl& Dean, Posterscope, Primesight, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sky, Starcom, Talon Outdoor, TBWA, Telegraph Media Group, Time Warner, Trinity Mirror, UKTV, Viacom International Media Networks, Virgin Media, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland, Weber Shandwick and WPP.
Together, we have been working to improve the lives of people and communities across the UK for more than 20 years.
For more information visit www.mediatrust.org or follow us @Media_Trust
Under the direction of the HR and Operations Manager, you will play an important role in ensuring the smooth running of the HR and office administration of the busy and fast-paced office of the UK's leading communications charity, in W12.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their HR and office administration skills in a fun, friendly and positive office environment.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff and volunteers
- Help maintain employee and volunteer files and databases, including updating as required and archiving leavers' files
- Help monitor staff sickness and absence records
- Help identify and address current and potential health and safety issues
- Organise routine repairs and maintenance in the office
- Keep the office generally tidy and water the plants
- Organise room bookings
- Frank outgoing post, open and distribute incoming post
- Monitor and order office supplies and refreshments
- Assist the HR and Operations team with HR and office administration duties as required
- An interest in working in and learning about HR and/or office administration
- Good organisational and administrative skills with a focus on quality
- Hardworking, proactive and flexible work ethic
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deal with people at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fully proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good team player, with initiative, patience and confidence
- An interest in charity and/or media sectors would be an advantage
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Media Trust
You will need to have a friendly and positive spirit and be someone who will help out teammates and bring good energy to our fun workspace!
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing date: Wednesday 8 November
Due to the high volume of applications we cannot give feedback to all applicants. If you don't hear from us within three weeks it is safe to say that your application has not been successful.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a number of volunteers working on a range of projects across the organisation. Each volunteer has a specified role and line manager.
Media Trust volunteers have a track record of moving into interesting paid opportunities in the media and charity sectors. Recent volunteers are now working in organisations such as Sky, Two Hand Productions, Dow Jones, Comic Relief, Marketiiers4dc and Media Trust.
The Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Charity no. 1042733