11 months ago
Role Title: HR
Location: Home-Based - London location would be desirable
Commitment Required: 3-7 hours per week
Report To: CEO
The Transforming Autism Project is a brand-new charity focusing on very early intervention for autistic children. Our goal is to truly transform lives through:
- family services in parent groups, in the home and online,
- a unique Autism Parenting Hub of comprehensive guidance, support & community
- and ultimately, through our life changing Mifne Treatment Centre (details here)
We also challenge conventional perceptions of autism and offer our own radical and empowering perspective. This can be seen in our TED talk, which has now been viewed by 100,000 people and received great acclaim from the autistic community.
What is distinctive about our approach is that it focuses of facilitating a strong relationship between child and parents, based on understanding and trust, as a primary means of reducing anxiety and giving the child a real feeling of being looked after, so that they can focus more of their energies on realising their potential, rather than managing anxiety.
We are currently at a very early stage in our development and are trying to raise the money to launch our first phase of family services over the coming months. To that end, we are looking to create a team of capable and dedicated volunteers to ensure our success.
To find out more about our goals, values and plans, please view our brochure.
The Transforming Autism Project is a new charity focusing on providing developmental relationship-based early intervention for autistic children. We are currently at an early stage in our development, and are looking to launch our first Family Services later in 2020 (Covid-19 permitting) so that we can make a real difference to the lives of autistic children and their families. To support our volunteers who are driving various projects and work streams to enable our launch, we are now looking for a strong Human Resources Partner.
Ideally you will be able to support our volunteer team for 3-7 hours per week and key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the on boarding and engagement of volunteers across the charity
- Supporting with the strategic direction of the Human Resources function, working with the leadership team to set a people strategy and working through implementation
- Reviewing, updating and writing people related policies and processes
We are looking for someone who has a strong background within HR, who understands the importance of a people strategy, but is also happy to take charge of operational HR related
tasks. Our ethos is very much based on simplicity and prioritising effectively. This role will put you at the centre of our really exciting projects and will be an important support in enabling the charity to achieve its vision.
We already have a clear HR Strategy, and we are looking for someone review, expand and execute this strategy. The key responsibilities will be supporting the HR Lead with the following:
- Ensuring we have the infrastructure to employee salaried employees
- Harnessing an environment where people feel valued, respected and supported and a culture based firmly on the charity's values
- Creating and implementing a volunteer engagement and management plan
- Ensuring our employees and volunteers have clear guidelines on processes and policies.
- Implementing a people management programme
- Governance of the Legal and Charity requirements to ensure we comply with legal and ethical requirements.
We are a strongly values-driven organisation and are committed to manifesting our values in how we relate to each other, in what we are trying to achieve and in how we do it. Our values come under 3 core headings:
- Trust--based collaboration
- Pioneering big thinking
- Perspectives, not positions
- Positive approach
- Continuous learning improvement
To find out more about our values, please see our brochure or visit https://transformingautism.org/purpose/
The Transforming Autism Project value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential.
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the Transforming Autism Project, please visit: www.transformingautism.org