11 months ago
Position: HR Administrator
Volunteering commitment: Minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are looking for an HR Administrator with amazing communication and administration skills. The HR Administrator will handle all written and verbal volunteers' queries with the utmost confidentiality. To be a successful HR Administrator, you should have sound knowledge of labour laws and be willing to regularly revise them. You must be able to deal with a variety of personalities and keep calm in tense situations.
HR Administrator Responsibilities:
- Forming and maintaining volunteers' records.
- Processing internal arrangements such as training sessions and team building events.
- Updating charity policies and ensuring legal compliance.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all volunteers queries.
- Setting up interviews and corresponding with prospective volunteers in a timely manner.
- Creating regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates).
- Answering volunteers' queries about HR related issues.
- Participating in HR projects (e.g. help organize a volunteer fair event)
HR Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related subjects.
- Relevant experience in working as an HR Administrator, HR Administrative Assistant or relevant role (minimum 1 year desirable).
- CIPD qualification.
- Sound knowledge of labour laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Have good project management skills and ability to prioritise projects and tasks.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages).
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: email@example.com