13 days ago
Position: Grant Writer
Hours: minimum 4 hours per week
Volunteering commitment: 3 - 6 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
ConnectionHub is looking for an experienced, innovative, and outgoing individual with a demonstrable record of consistent grant writing success. The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, and managing the grant development and proposal process. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful attitude, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Identify and research prospective Trusts, Foundations and other funding sources relevant to ConnectionHub's funding needs.
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities - including deadline dates, required materials, etc.
- Develop ConnectionHub's Trust and Foundations fundraising strategy to maintain a strong and diverse income pipeline that meets ConnectionHub's funding needs.
- Develop knowledge of ConnectionHub's projects and stakeholders to ensure that funding approaches are fully reflective of our work and in line with funders' priorities.
- Write high quality, persuasive bids that meet funders' interests and requirements and write any additional documents in support of funding bids.
- Maintain chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline.
- Review all bid feedback and ensure knowledge is shared, so that learning informs ConnectionHub's future approach.
- Identify and write up case studies to inform audiences of the difference ConnectionHub makes in communities.
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from nonprofits, charities, and other philanthropic organisations.
- Experience of building Trust and Foundation pipelines and excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent written skills including an ability to write compelling funding briefs, reports and proposals.
- Ability to manage rejection and overcome common proposal objections.
- Well organised, with effective time management and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages).
How to apply
To apply: please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form to be completed and sent by email alongside a covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.