over 2 years ago
The Wildlife Aid Foundation are looking for volunteers to help at their animal centre. As the centre in Leatherhead is run entirely by volunteers, we rely heavily on a regular commitment to ensure we always have enough people in each day to look after all the animals in our care. We are open 7 days a week, and each day is divided into 3 shifts: Morning (9am – 1pm), Afternoon (1pm – 6pm) and Evening (6pm – 10pm). Volunteers opt for a regular shift, which they attend every week at the same time. Weekend shifts can be weekly or fortnightly.
GENERAL ASSISTANT – ALL DUTIES – MINIMUM COMMITMENT: 1 SHIFT PER WEEK
- Animal care: cleaning and feeding of animals at the centre.
- Setting up pens and cages for new admissions
- Restocking food supplies for all areas of the hospital and advising of any shortages
- Helping to move animals from one area to another as they progress with their rehabilitation
- Being available to help veterinary staff with jobs
- General maintenance of the centre – tidying, cleaning, painting, weeding etc
To apply, please fill out the application form on the following web page: https://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/volunteer-form/
Please note the following:
1. Applications can only be accepted from over 18’s please
2. Please be patient when submitting an application! We only have a small admin team. You should receive a reply within 10 working days.
3. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we do need to communicate by email for the application process, and ongoing, simply due to a lack of resources in our admin. department. Please email us with all your questions, and we will our best to get back to you in a timely fashion!
4. As a small charity we are unable to offer accommodation for volunteers travelling from overseas.
5. Sorry, but we can only offer internships to qualified Veterinary Nurses or Veterinary Surgeons
Why become a volunteer?
Without our volunteers, the Wildlife Aid Foundation (based in Leatherhead, Surrey, UK) could not continue to care for the animals that need our help. If you feel strongly about the future of British wildlife, if you just love all animals or even if it’s just because you have some free time and want to work with a group of friendly, dedicated group and like-minded people, then why not become a volunteer?
You don’t need any special skills to help out at the centre (based in Leatherhead in Surrey) – just a few hours a week on a regular basis. We have volunteers of all ages, levels of experience and background. You do not need to be a wildlife expert – we will give you full training and support – but you do need to be someone who cares and is willing to make a commitment to coming in on a regular basis. Sorry, but we do not take on short-term volunteers; a commitment of at least 6 months would be ideal due to the training involved.
Being a volunteer at The Wildlife Aid Foundation is a commitment to helping the charity carry out its valuable work. Alongside the animal care duties, volunteers regularly get involved in fundraising events, talks at local schools and organisations, and helping with the administrative side of the charity. Some of our volunteers help with PR & Marketing, some offer their services to collect injured animals from around the county – there are opportunities for everyone.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.