3 months ago
Position Title: Volunteer Fundraising & Partnerships Officer (FPO)
Length of Term: 12 Months (option for renewal)
Reports To: Board of Directors
Duty Station: London currently remote
Deadline: 15th February 2021 (Applications considered as received)
WYKEI is a new UK based Not-for-Profit aiming to empower Women, Youth & Kids (WYKs) through human rights, gender equality & conflict transformation education, research & entrepreneurship in the UK & Jerusalem. We aim to work with all WYKs starting with the most vulnerable first & those in a post-conflict/conflict setting where these initiatives are a priority to create a future sustainable peace & work towards sustainable development.
WYKEI is looking for an experienced, innovative, talented & outgoing individual with a demonstrable record of consistent grant writing, corporate fundraising and partnerships building success. The FPO will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, corporate giving, building partnerships/sponsors for funding, contribution to services or joining forces, managing the grant development & proposal process and maintaining an FP database. Candidates must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills, a professional & resourceful attitude, the ability to work both independently & as a team player, & a desire to take initiative & manage numerous projects simultaneously and excellent networker.
- Identify & research prospective funding sources relevant to WYKEI's funding needs. Track & create a database of grant opportunities - including deadline dates, required materials, etc.
- Write high quality, persuasive bids that meet funders' interests & requirements & write any additional documents in support of funding bids. Review all bid feedback & ensure knowledge is shared, so that learning informs WYKEI's future approach.
- Identify & write up case studies to show impact of WYKEI work and the difference it makes in communities. Maintain database of grant applications: including grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline.
- Develop WYKEI's fundraising strategy to maintain a strong & diverse income pipeline that meets WYKEI's funding needs. Be passionate about WYKEI's vision and understand its needs.
- Develop knowledge of WYKEI's projects & stakeholders to ensure that funding approaches are fully reflective of our work & in line with funders' priorities.
- Source & build partnerships with schools, organizations interested in supporting WYKEI's projects or interested in being a part of our community, those that support similar initiatives or provide services that WYKEI's beneficiaries/stakeholders can benefit from.
Volunteers are unpaid. However, all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed once funding is received according to an expenses policy.
Induction & Support
Once appointed, Volunteers will be given an induction programme which will involve getting to know the organisation & becoming familiar with the role of Volunteers including introducing you to the team. Volunteers have an informal annual appraisal through which additional development & support can be agreed. Initial training in Human Rights will be provided & other required training will be organized to empower the Volunteers with the knowledge about their rights & progress in their careers. We are committed to making the role of Volunteers a positive & mutually beneficial experience.
How to apply
For full details, person specification/requirements and how to apply please follow this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:a62ba4be-950b-4657-a960-d8834404cf40