about 3 years ago
Noah's Ark Children's Hospice is a community based hospice service providing support for children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in the North London boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Purpose of role:
The success of any fundraising event relies on the support of our volunteers. We have fundraising events throughout the year, including stalls at summer and Christmas fairs, supermarket bag packs and collections. Events are usually at weekends but preparation takes place during the week. All our events raise vital funds to support our work.
This role is very flexible, as volunteers are not required to make any regular commitment and no further training is needed after the volunteer induction. However, if you are able to volunteer regularly, there are lots of events to get involved in and your role will be very varied, with opportunities to support the Event Organiser either in the office or at the venue.
Opportunities of the role:
- Build customer service skills through a variety of interactions
- Gain experience of event management
- Develop ability to work as part of a team
Before the event
- Help with promotion of the events through mailings and phone calls
- Assist with organising items for the event and packing up all equipment needed
- Distribute event posters and flyers
During the event
- Run an activity stall organised by Noah’s Ark or create your own
- Provide refreshments
- Face painting (practice workshop available)
- At challenge events (e.g. London Marathon) encourage our participants along the route
After the event
- Put remaining stock and equipment away
- Write and post thank you letters
- Help count the money raised
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to pitch in and work as a team
- Fundraising experience is welcome but not necessary!
- Whatever your skills and experience, we will find an activity that suits you
All potential volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Induction before they are able to get involved in any capacity. We ask that a Fundraising Event volunteer commits to at least one event per quarter. There is no upper limit to the number of events a volunteer can support at. We would ideally like a volunteer to commit to supporting us for a minimum of 6 months, but this can be flexible.
Events take place across the boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, and Islington.
Event preparation will generally take place at:
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
3 Beauchamp Court
Minimum Age: 16 years
If you would like more information or to apply for the role, please email Annette Higgs at email@example.com