Skipton, North Yorkshire
about 1 month ago
Save our Babies is a Skipton based organisation that has been set up to fund research into repairing forms of brain damage that occur shortly before or at birth. The two main forms of brain injury we will focus on are Periventricular Leukomalacia (the most common cause of Cerebral Palsy) and Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy. These diseases can lead to infant mortality and often lead to a variety of serious lifelong problems for those that survive.
We are initially teaming up with a research group in Edinburgh University who are researching ways to cure Cerebral Palsy. The money we will raise will go towards paying for staff and lab equipment so they can continue their research in this field. Save Our Babies is a new organisation that is trying to expand and become a registered charity and it needs to recruit volunteers in order to do this. We are looking for volunteers who can us raise funds and expand our organisation.
The activities you would be doing could include:
- Collecting funds on the street or outside a supermarket
- Going arounds shops, bars and other establishments with collection tins and posters
- Counting donations
- Helping to put on and attend different fundraising events such as fun runs, skydives etc
- Updating our Twitter and Facebook pages
- Thanking our donors
- Helping to complete grant applications
- Helping to raise funds with local clubs and organisations
- Helping to set up legacy funding and in memorial funding
- Trying to obtain funds from companies via sponsorships and payroll giving etc
- Promoting our organisation online
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Must have good social skills
- Experience of working for a charity is desirable but not essential
For more details or to apply for the role, please email Elliot O'Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07806 606 605.