about 2 years ago
Supporting Relationships & Families (SRF) is a local charity whose aims are to help raise awareness of the often traumatic effects on the emotional health of migrant families, separated and subsequently reunited or migrant children placed with alternative families.
We are looking for a volunteer who will be responsible for assisting the Director in raising awareness of the charity and its work at local level and help to identify and generate funding. This will be accomplished by helping to identify and approach potential business partners, increase communications with supporters and increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities.
You will be a passionate and creative person with excellent communication skills to cultivate and secure funding from trusts, charitable foundations and corporate donors to help the charity generate income in order to secure its future and therefore be able to support more families and individuals.
You will have the opportunity to get your thinking cap on and share fundraising ideas with the Director and then put those ideas into action.
Fundraising experience and the ability to build strong relationships with new people and organisations. Strong administrative and organisational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills.
Minimum 3 months, 1 day per week.
- Help to develop strategies to support fundraising and take action to help secure this funding by, identifying new trusts/foundations through their charity giving criteria and history.
- Draft and adapt concise persuasive applications to some funders and reports to develop income.
- To ensure that existing and new relationships with funders are well looked after and maintained appropriately. Manage funding applications through their lifecycle acting as the key contact between funders and SRF.
- Help to organise fundraising events to raise funds and increase the profile of SRF.
- We encourage you to share your passion for SRF and promote our work to the public at the event.
- Raise community profile with libraries, GP surgeries and community based organisations. Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects SRF vision.
- Helping promote the event through our social media channels and Facebook advertising.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Packages experience and proficient in using Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, MailChimp, and PowerPoint.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
Although this position is unpaid, we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment.
What will you get from volunteering with SRF?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
- The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences;
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with SRF to seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment;
- The opportunity to help SRF make a difference in the community;
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the SRF Expenses Policy.
- Induction and support from the Director.
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers’ time commitment, a minimum of monthly for the first three months.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Delia Fitzsimmons on 020 8516 7766.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.