over 3 years ago
Job Title Finance Assistant
Hours 10 hours per week (with flexibility on days worked)
Holidays 25 days per annum pro rata plus Bank Holidays
Terms Temporary Contract to support sickness cover for Finance Officer
Responsible to Finance Director
Purpose of Post: To assist the Finance Director and Senior Finance Officer in providing an efficient administrative support service to Barnet Carers Centre, focussing on the financial aspects of management information.
- To assist in the input of expenditure, income and petty cash transactions to QuickBooks 2008.
- To reconcile the bank balances on a weekly basis.
- To reconcile petty cash on a weekly basis ensuring all receipts have been submitted.
- To support the Senior Finance Office in the raising, dispatching and administration of all CHSS (Community & Home Support Services) invoices.
- To ensure all monthly credit card payments are processed on QuickBooks and all relevant paperwork has been received.
- To ensure all direct debit payments are processed on QuickBooks and all relevant paperwork has been received.
- To complete on-line batches ready for payment on a weekly basis for sign off by the Senior Finance Officer/Finance Director.
- To monitor and prepare information required to complete gift aid returns.
- To undertake administrative tasks on behalf of the Finance team including filing and photocopying.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of all finance forms.
- To carry out all duties having regard to the Centre's employment policies, including Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Confidentiality.
- To work as part of a team to ensure the Centre functions efficiently and professionally and to undertake any other duties, relevant to the post, as required from time to time.
For more information, or to apply for the role, please visit http://www.barnetcarers.org/volunteer/