£0 per year
about 4 years ago
Woman’s Trust is a BACP accredited Person-Centred/Humanistic counselling service for women affected by domestic violence.
East and West London Volunteer Counsellor/Art Therapist essential requirements are:
- Counsellors/Art Therapists need to be in personal therapy for 1 year minimum
- Follow the person-centred/humanistic approach
- Be in their second year of a diploma course or equivalent
- Have one year experience of working with clients (30 supervised client hours or equivalent experience).
The benefits of having a placement with us are:
- Free supervision (fortnightly for two hours)
- Travel expenses reimbursed (up to £9.30 per day)
- Telephone expenses reimbursed
- Support by the counselling staff team members
- Possibility of working with clients with a number of presenting issues and from a variety of backgrounds
- Fully insured
Counsellors/Art Therapists have the opportunity to work in East London (Newham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Greenwich, Havering, Barking & Dagenham and Waltham Forest) and West London (Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham) at different times during the day. Evening slots are limited and will be available to the West London Counsellors only.
Please note: Due to the needs of women using our service, the minimum commitment is 4 clients per week.
Counsellors will be required to attend Woman's Trust’s 2 hrs supervision on a fortnightly basis and a 3-day induction training.
The deadline for the application is Sunday 23rd April 2017 midnight; Interviews will be held from the week of the 8th May 2017 and the training dates are: 7th, 8th and 9th June 2017.
Attendance to training is compulsory if successful at the interview stage.
All placements are for female counsellors only. The Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1 applies.
More intakes are set during the year and applications will be accepted outside these times.
Please note that a CV will not be accepted.
If you are interested in applying for a Volunteer Counsellor/Art Therapist placement, please visit our website www.womanstrust.org.uk
“Being a volunteer counsellor at Woman's Trust has surpassed all of my hopes and expectations; the women I have met in this role have brought new meaning to the words courage, resilience and hope. I have been invited in and joined them on their journey to new possibilities-it is a humbling experience and a privilege.”
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.