6 months ago
Do you have a passion for fitness and the importance of holistic health & well-being?
This could be the perfect opportunity for you …
Community spirited volunteer needed to support the running of our High street Fitness & wellbeing centre in Pontypool, South Wales
High Street Fitness & Wellbeing is a not for profit UK charity with the aim of making fitness and wellbeing services throughout the community accessible for all. It is our vision to evolve community health & wellbeing by supporting and empowering members to improve their health & wellbeing through a 'something for everyone' ethos.
We tailor support programmes and advice through a person-centred approach, offering a wide range of services, activities, courses and classes for all ages and abilities. We are passionate about getting our community active and healthy in support of holistic wellbeing and run by the people, for the people.
We are seeking a passionate volunteer who supports the importance of our cause, and is prepared to support the running and day to day operations of our Fitness & Wellbeing Centre in the position of Facilities Manager.
Hours will be flexible, and dependent on a rota system.
Tasks & responsibilities will include:
- Opening & closing of the centre
- Health & safety oversight
- Meeting & greeting community members
- Administration activities such as signing up new members, maintaining the volunteer rota-system
- Talking to members about specific needs and introducing them to the relevant support available
- Participating in orientations, trainings & meetings
This position is ideally suited to someone who is warm, friendly and confident in talking to members of the public. Reliability & commitment will also be critical to this role alongside the importance of keeping internal and member personal information private and confidential.
Anyone with a background in personal fitness training or mental health & wellbeing will be particularly well suited to the position.
Skills you will acquire
Working with the Founder and four Company Directors, you will quickly learn new skills including:
- Working operations of running a NFP business
- Ability to work with a range of Managers/ Directors/ Wellbeing professionals
- Time - management & record keeping
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills & the ability to talk to people from a wide range of ages and backgrounds
In addition, you will also receive free use of the gym & fitness centre.
Place of work
High Street Fitness
2 George Street
Further information & contact details
For further information and to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Dr Paul Thomas, Founder & Director at email@example.com or call 07581 207 058