Richmond upon Thames, London
almost 3 years ago
Are you creative, organised and good at making things happen? Are you looking to use and develop your leadership, communications and events management skills?
Join 'Team Poppy Factory' as a Volunteer Events Manager and help us to change the lives of wounded, injured and sick veterans across the UK!
About The Poppy Factory
The Poppy Factory is the country's leading employment charity for veterans with health conditions or impairments. Our specialist service is designed to specifically support veterans with physical and mental health challenges into meaningful and rewarding employment within their local communities. Our factory in Richmond also employs around 30 disabled veterans to produce the poppies and wreaths for the Royal Family and The Royal British Legion's annual Poppy Appeal- something we have been doing since 1922. For more information, please visit http://www.poppyfactory.org/
About the Volunteer Role
Our Volunteer Events Managers will plan and co-ordinate local, small-medium scale fundraising events with the aim of helping us to increase our presence in Richmond and raise vital funds for our nationwide employability service. The role can be flexible according to volunteers other commitments and we are happy to discuss short, medium and long term involvement.
Core activities of the role:
- To co-ordinate logistics before and on the day of the event, including set-up and pack down
- To liaise with key stakeholders involved in the event including TPF staff, volunteers, suppliers, visitors
- To work in line with policies and guidelines around Health and Safety, Data Protection, Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity.
- To ensure up to date records are kept in regards to plans, communications, bookings (including use of TPF Database)
- To actively promote and market the event to local audiences (if appropriate)
- To risk assess activities and ensure any plans are in line with the Fundraising Regulator's Code of Practice (Volunteer to be briefed on this as part of induction)
- To liaise with TPF's Volunteers Manager in the recruitment of Event day volunteers, and co-ordinate/ manage those volunteers before and during the Event.
- To assist with gathering feedback on the event, completing an event evaluation including recommendations for subsequent years.
We are looking for volunteers to support us with the following upcoming projects:
1) Project 1: Trumpeter's House Open Garden, 2nd June 2018
2) 3x Major Donor Events: 1st June, 8th June (daytime) and 27th June (afternoon and evening)
What is the time commitment?
- We are looking for volunteers who are able to give their time flexibly (amounting to 2 days per week).
- We can be flexible according to your other commitments and we are happy to discuss short, medium and long term involvement.
- An initial meeting face to face to discuss your motivations, skills and experience will take place as part of the recruitment process on either the 4th, 9th or 10th of April.
Where is the role based?
The role will be based largely onsite at The Poppy Factory but we can be flexible to allow for occasional volunteering from home (20 Petersham Road, Richmond, TW10 6UR).
Skills and qualities required
- Events / Project management experience (desirable)
- Strong organisational skills
- Willingness to learn from others and work collaboratively
- Honesty and reliability
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and legal requirements
- Self- motivated with the ability to think creatively on your feet.
- Good knowledge of IT
- Knowledge and/ or experience of volunteering and/ or managing others
- Some experience of managing income/expenditure budgets would be advantageous (ie. updating budget sheets, tracking income and expenditure)
- Interested and enthusiastic about our charitable aims and objectives
- Flexible availability
- Confident in communicating with a wide range of audiences via telephone, email and face to face
- A full driving licence and access to a car would be advantageous but not essential.
What we offer
- An induction to The Poppy Factory and your volunteer role
- Full training on TPF's CRM database
- Management support from TPF's Corporate and Events Fundraising Manager and ongoing support from the Volunteers Manager.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Opportunity to be a part of a national charity including invitations to TPF Volunteer events, other social & information events
Click on this link to apply: https://poppyfactory.has-jobs.co.uk/volunteer-events-manager-richmondlondon/196881/0/apply
Closing Date: 9am, 2nd April 2018
For an informal discussion about the role, contact Alice Barrett on 020 8939 1821 or email@example.com
We are committed to making every reasonable adjustment to the workplace or volunteering arrangements so as to accommodate people with disabilities