about 1 year ago
Volunteer Events Co-ordinator (3 days per week for 3 months+)
Location: Harlesden, London NW10
BANG Edutainment is a charity delivering projects for young people aged 8-13 living or going to school in Brent, designed to build their motivation and skills. BANG also delivers activities designed to improve employability and life skills in partnership with sister organisation The Beat London 103.6 FM (formerly BANG Radio), a community-radio station whose distinctive content encompasses urban music and culture.
We are looking for a Volunteer Events Co-ordinator.
Your help, enthusiasm and desire to grow your events experience is needed to:
- Plan, implement and support our programme of events
- Oversee event logistics, including the setup and take down of equipment
- Research and liaise with venues
- Work with our stakeholders and customers to deliver amazing experiences
- Work closely with our marketing and fundraising volunteers to produce engaging, relevant and interesting content to post across our website and social media
- Conduct research within the area of early intervention and apply findings to event/event materials.
We need a committed volunteer who is ready for a challenge, willing and able to support the team, in particular the marketing and fundraising volunteers, as we develop and grow our organisation. You will support the updating of content on our website, create/proof event material, telephone contacts, support with exhibitor and delegate queries and lots more! You will gain good knowledge and experience that will give you a great understanding of what it is like co-ordinate events for a youth centred charity.
- Have a strong interest in events management
- Ideally have some events and social media experience, but not essential
- Have creative flair and know what's eye-catching
- Have an interest in working with young people and local community building
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be a passionate team player with a desire to succeed
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Be highly organised and have a natural desire to keep things up-to-date
- Have excellent attention to detail.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you're the one we need!
Closing date: 12pm, 26th January 2018
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS Check
Please note that this is an unsalaried post. However, you will be paid expenses, a maximum of £8 per day.