City of London, London
7 months ago
Christian Aid is an International Aid Agency who believe that poverty should be eradicated.
The event's organiser
To support the participants as they take part in a sponsored walk around the streets of London
Overview of role
Circle the City is a sponsored walk in the City of London covering 10km/5km. Circle the City aims to raise awareness and funds for some of the world's poorest communities, whilst giving people the opportunity to see more of London's historic and religious buildings and have a fun day out. As a steward you will have the opportunity to be part of a team, learn more about the underlying causes of poverty, and make a difference to the lives of some of the world's poorest people by raising funds and bringing the issues to as wide an audience as possible through events. You will be part of a team and contribute to Christian Aid's work across London. We are looking for up to 50 fabulous volunteers to help us make this an amazing experience for all our walkers. We would welcome teams of volunteers as well as individual helpers.
Could you help us by:
- Stamping the booklet once they have reached their checkpoint?
- Talking to participants about the challenge and what has motivated them to take part before the start?
- Welcoming walkers to the rest stops, serving refreshments, listening to how their walk is going and encouraging them along their way?
- Celebrating the finishing line with walkers when they finally make it back to base?
Skills and qualities needed for this role are:
- Good communication skills
- You will be reliable and punctual
What training and support will be provided?
- We will provide you with a full induction for the role
Times and Commitment
- We would need you from 11am in the morning until 6pm in the evening.
If you are interested in taking part, please contact Neil Roper, Events Organiser, at NRoper@christian-aid.org