4 months ago
The role of Healthwatch is to work in partnership with providers and users of health and social care services and the local community to ensure that these services are responsive to local needs and delivered to a high standard.
One of the ways that Healthwatch can contribute is through its' legal powers to `Enter and View` premises such as hospitals, day care centres or residential homes to observe the quality of care and to speak with patients, service users and carers.
Who can `Enter & View?'
Healthwatch needs volunteers who, through their work or volunteering experience or personal lives, have an understanding of the health and care services provided to people in the community. We particularly welcome people who have lots of personal experience of using services and we also hope to attract people who reflect Wandsworth's diverse population.
Healthwatch Wandsworth's authorised representatives on the Enter & View team will be provided with clear guidelines about the premises they are going to visit, the purpose of the visit and the reporting arrangements. Relevant training and support will also be offered.
You should be willing to:
- Attend a training session for the role
- Visit health and care premises such as hospital wards, GP surgeries or day centres on a pre-arranged basis
- Observe and record what you notice happening on the premises
- Talk to the service users and staff that you meet on the premises and record their views
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of health and social care services, either through work, volunteering or personal experience
- Excellent inter-personal skills, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel to various locations in Wandsworth (expenses will be paid)
- Willingness to attend regular training/briefing sessions
- Willingness to observe the regulations and guidance relevant to this role, including confidentiality
- Willingness to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS) check Willingness to be publicly identified as an authorized representative of the
- Report writing skills are desirable but not essential (as long as you can take notes and feed back to the team either verbally or in writing)
To apply contact: email@example.com, or call 020 8516 7767 with your CV and cover letter.