7 months ago
This is truly the great opportunity to join what is going to be the community interest company from the early stages. We are looking for an energetic, motivated and hard-working individual who will be willing to bring something new while enhancing the growth of the company. As this is non-for profit organisation we are offering the volunteering position of the director. The directors will guide the development of the company.
The main purpose of our company is to raise the awareness of mental health issues amongst young people, and to support young people to maintain the mental health and overall well-being. We look at the individual as a whole while understanding the importance of the connection between the mind, brain and the body. We believe in the power of arts, music and sports in the positive wellbeing.
You will be required to attend regular meetings, due to the current circumstances of the pandemic of COVID-19 this will be done online. However, if at any point you may be required to be physically present.
The volunteering agreement is for the fixed-term, at least until the December 2021. The main responsibilities are explained in the timeline below:
In the first two months your responsibilities will require:
- Help with social media growth
- Organising funding
- Help with recruiting volunteers
In the following two months, when the funding is received. We will aim to open up an online store, and start the company making profit. You will be required to support with this.
If the company is successful, we will then aim to open up our first community centre in Hampshire. However, this will also depend on the situation with Covid-19. You will be required to support with this.
You will be also required to:
- To take appropriate professional advice in all matters where there may be material risk to the company.
- To uphold the duties of the position.
- To determine the development of the company with clear strategic planning, following by regular meetings.
- To act in the best interest of the company, and support of others.
- To promote the company in order for it to grow.
- To maintain absolute confidentiality about all confidential/sensitive information received as the director of the company.
A DBS may be required for this position.
Application deadline: 1st May 2021
If you are interested in this position or for any additional enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org