10 months ago
Media Trust background:
Media Trust is the UK’s leading Media Communications Charity. We help charities and community groups to develop their public voice and share the impact of their work by bringing their stories to life.
We do this by convening a network of professionals from across the Media industry to share their communications and media knowledge, expertise, skills and time with charitable organisations.
Together, we have been working to improve the lives of people and communities across the UK for more than 20 years.
We enjoy outstanding support from the Media Industry, their passion, creativity and skills help us make a huge difference to so many charities. Our media industry corporate members include: A+E Networks, adam&eveDDB, AMV BBDO, AOL, Ascential, BBC, BBH, Bloomberg, BT, Camelot, Channel 4, Clear Channel, Dentsu Aegis Network, Discovery, dmg media, Endemol Shine UK, ESI Media, Facebook, Fujitsu, Global, Google, GroupM, Guardian Media Group, Havas, Hearst Magazines UK, ITN, ITV, Maxus, MEC, Mediacom, Mindshare, m/SIX, Next15, Pearl& Dean, Posterscope, Primesight, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sky, Starcom, Talon Outdoor, TBWA, Telegraph Media Group, Time Warner, Trinity Mirror, UKTV, Viacom International Media Networks, Virgin Media, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland, Weber Shandwick and WPP.
For more information visit www.mediatrust.org or follow us @Media_Trust
We are looking for a Volunteer Design Assistant to join the marketing and communcations team at Media Trust. This volunteering role offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of campaigns and projects both with our corporate members and the charities we support, and is an excellent opportunity to build your design portfolio.
- Creating advertising and marketing materials, website and social media content, image design, PowerPoint decks, newsletters and copywriting.
- Managing sometimes complex longer-term design projects, as well as keeping up with daily essential/urgent jobs
- Working on certain aspects of our corporate membership strategy.
- Because we’re a charity, you will from time-to-time need to chip in to help with all kinds of other stuff to help the team, and this may even drag you away from a computer screen!
- The ideal candidate will be proficient with Adobe CS (at least Illustrator and Photoshop) and have a highly creative and practical mind
- The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise their workload.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to follow instructions to the letter, and have an eagle eye for detail.
- They will have excellent written English and strong verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate will need to have the ability to work under pressure, and to keep a cool, calm head!
- Drupal or similar CMS experience and basic HTML coding skills would be a bonus but not essential.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Media Trust
You will need to have a friendly and positive spirit and be someone who will help out teammates and bring good energy to our fun work space!
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but it may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 19 June
How to apply
First download and complete the Equal Opportunities form (Doc, 36.Kb). Then email your CV and a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, together with the completed Equal Opportunities form to email@example.com with the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.