South East England, England
22 days ago
About the opportunity
Circles South East is recruiting Volunteer Counsellors in South East and London areas to work individually with clients affected by sexual abuse and sexual violence.
About Circles South East
Circles South East is an award-winning charity which works to reduce an impact and instances of sexual harm through prevention, rehabilitation, education and safeguarding. Volunteers are at the core of what we do, and operate across all aspects of our work.
What are they looking for?
We are looking for fully qualified counsellors who are empathic individuals with strong work ethics and a firm set of boundaries.
The minimum requirements are that a volunteer counsellor must
- Be over 21 y.o.
- Hold Professional level diploma in counselling
- Have a min. of 100 hours supervised face to face client work.
- Hold Professional membership with BASP, UKCP or equivalent
- Have a regular supervision with fully qualified supervisor
- Hold Indemnity Insurance
- Be willing undergo DBS checks
- Adhere to BACP code of ethics
As a Volunteer Counsellor with our organisation you will get an opportunity to:
- Expand your professional knowledge and experience
- Obtain practice hours required for further professional development
- Help with costs of Supervision, Professional Membership and room rent
- Get your mileage paid
- Regular CPD opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit https://circlessoutheast.org.uk/about-us/ to complete a volunteer application form.