25 days ago
Job Title: Volunteer Counsellor
Reporting to: Social Worker
Contract: Rolling contract - minimum commitment 3 months
Hours: 3-8 hours a week
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub provides connected learning opportunities to people in crisis and conflict contexts. Our aim is to reduce human suffering and exploitation through education and training for decent work and life. Through our student support network, we ensure students have the social support needed for student satisfaction and someone to facilitate their learning journey. We are currently running our pilot project, targeting refugees from Moria Camp on the Greek island of Lesbos.
ConnectionHub Psychological Support Service
In our pilot stage, ConnectionHub aims to provide mental health support to refugees from Moria Camp, Lesbos. The aim of our Psychological Support Service is to provide a safe, non-judgmental space which is culturally and gender sensitive so that our students can work through past traumatic experiences or current issues to develop positive ways to regain control over their own lives.
- To provide culturally sensitive counselling support to refugee students undertaking educational pathways at ConnectionHub.
- Deliver one to one virtual counselling sessions at regular intervals.
Qualifications and Experience
- To have qualified as a counsellor with a diploma level 4 or above.
- Have at least 2 years supervised experience providing counselling or 420 hours of guided learning hours
- Experience providing mental health risk assessment
- Experience working with refugees or people of concern PoC
- A registered member of a UK regulating body and adhere to relevant ethical guidelines.
- Second language: Arabic, Farsi or French desirable
- Minimum age 25 years
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs and the complexity of issues faced by refugees.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and other volunteers.
- Able to establish and maintain appropriate therapeutic relationships.
- Able to motivate self and manage time effectively.
- Basic IT skills.
- Have access to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Support for you
- Training provided by ConnectionHub and partners
- Fortnightly one to one meetings with a supervisor.
- Ability to feed back at any time.
Please apply by filling out this application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQ53QKkYoUkOc3Cg2D0lWrh7jykfePG0ighx6KuiqZhus75Q/viewform and sending a copy of your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org