10 months ago
Position: Counselling Supervisor
Hours: 1.30 - 3 hours per week
Volunteering commitment: 3 - 6 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are looking for a Counselling Supervisor to provide a quality specialist counselling supervision service to Counsellors whilst maintaining records provided in a confidential environment. Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, qualifications and experience detailed within the job description.
- To provide a qualified specialist counselling supervision service to our Counsellors.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and execute an up to date supervisee meeting schedule.
- To maintain records of supervision sessions within a confidential manner and escalate any concerns.
- To monitor and make sure Counsellors receive their required supervision hours as stipulated by the awarding body.
- Ensure the provision of a quality service.
- Effectively assess and facilitate strategies to meet the needs of the supervisee.
- Maintain training and continue professional development.
- Level 6 as a minimum qualification in Counselling or related areas.
- Experienced professional with background in counselling supervision, psychotherapy, psychology or social work.
- Previous counselling supervision experience both face-face and by telephone.
- Accredited by a recognised body e.g. BACP, UKCP, BPS or equivalent Desirable.
- Understanding of the EDEXCEL L5 Diploma in Therapeutic studies course.
- Excellent observation and listening skills.
- Essential skills such as patience, tolerance and sensitivity.
- An understanding of your own attitudes and responses.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
How to apply
To apply: please email us at email@example.com for an application form to be completed and sent by email alongside a covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.