£1 per annum + Unpaid
about 3 years ago
The Calshot/Southampton/Hamble/Lymington Area Community Safety Team is looking for volunteer RNLI Community Safety Advisers to help us save more lives at sea and around our coast.
The RNLI is known as the charity that saves lives at sea, but it's not limited to launching a lifeboat or providing lifeguards.
Community Safety saves lives at sea by providing free education and advice and facilitating other interventions through local Community Lifesaving Plans (aimed at reducing fatalities and serious incidents and targeting particular 'at risk' groups).
The RNLI Community Safety Adviser is a public facing volunteer role delivering the RNLI coastal safety advice directly to members of the community. Working with the team, we are looking for advisers to provide that face-to-face intervention to clubs and events around our area.
If you have:
- good communication and people skills,
- a consultative approach,
- the ability to interact within a team,
- good knowledge of one or more coastal activities,
- such as sailing, kayaking, angling, windsurfing or coastal walking
- a reasonable level of fitness,
- you could be climbing in and out of boats!
- enough free time to commit to 3 - 4 hours a week,
- live somewhere within easy travel of our area (from Barton-on-Sea around the coast and rivers to Warsash)
or, have some of the required skills and would like to develop further, then come and join our friendly, dedicated and motivated team.
Training will be provided to ensure that you are fully briefed on the important work of the Community Safety Team and how that fits into the wider picture for the RNLI.