almost 2 years ago
Fancy giving back and becoming a Befriender?
ellenor provides the best care and support for families facing terminal illness in Kent and Bexley.
Our mission is to lead and coordinate the best personalised care for all ages, sharing our expertise to ensure that all families facing terminal illness get the right support in the best place possible, enabling them to make the most of the time they have.
Our volunteers carry out a vital role in our organisation, helping staff in every area of our work. Their contribution is important and valued, and we would not be able to offer the services and care to families facing terminal illness without their help and commitment.
This role may include:
- Meeting the social needs of patients and carers within the community setting and our inpatient unit.
- Taking the client out for a walk or a coffee, or they may engage in hobbies and board games.
- Liaising with team members regarding concerns and update team with any new issues arising.
- Observing overall health and safety of self and patients/carers.
- To assist with any support groups for patients and carers
- Attending Carers Cuppa and Bereavement Cuppa
A DBS disclosure is required for this role.
For more information on this opportunity and many more, please email Priya Ebenezer, Volunteer Coordinator at Priya.Ebenezer@ellenor.org or call 01474 320 007 (ext 1112).