almost 3 years ago
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to cheer on our fantastic runners – who are all raising money to save lives at sea. It really does make a difference – Mervyn Kinney, a member of the 2015 RNLI Running Crew, remembers the Cheer Station: ‘The team on the Embankment was overwhelming and so full of encouragement and just when I needed it.'
You’ll be positioned in front of Tower Lifeboat Station or from another prime position along the route, and will be treated not only to the electric atmosphere of the Marathon, but a great view of London and the Thames.
No prior knowledge or experience of the RNLI is needed - you could be friends or family of one of the runners, an RNLI supporter or just want to join us for the experience. This is an opportunity to include volunteer experience on your CV, meet new people and support the RNLI Running Crew – all while enjoying one of the UK’s best loved sporting events from a prime position.
Date: 24 April 2016
Shift times: We'd love you there to see you for however long you can spare between 10am and 4pm.
Location(s): Tower Lifeboat Station (and possibly Canary Wharf)
If you are under 18 years of age you will need to complete a consent form before you arrive on the day - this will be provided to you on confirmation of your role.
What will you do?
- Whoop, cheer, whistle and shout your support for the RNLI Running Crew!
- If you have a camera, get snapping! After the race, share your photos with our runners and on social media.
- Hand out sweets to our RNLI runners.
- Most importantly – enjoy yourself!
Perks of the role:
- Keep yourself refreshed with bottled water and sweet treats.
- Kit yourself out with the cheer gear.
- Help yourself to a bag of RNLI goodies - including an RNLI vest top and Respect the Water pint glass.
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit https://volunteering.rnli.org/vacancy/volunteer-cheering-team-members-london-marathon-2016-256561.html