over 3 years ago
Join the RNLI Volunteer Cheer Teams
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help cheer on our fantastic RNLI London Marathon runners – who are all raising money to save lives at sea. It really does make a huge difference – Mervyn Kinney, a member of the 2015 RNLI Running Crew, remembers the Cheer Station: ‘The team on the Embankment was overwhelming and so full of encouragement and just when I needed it.'
You’ll be positioned along the race route either in front of Tower Lifeboat Station or Canary Wharf, and will be treated not only to the electric atmosphere of the London Marathon, but a great view of London and the Thames.
No prior knowledge or experience of the RNLI is needed - you could be friends or family of one of the runners, an RNLI supporter or just want to join us for the experience. This is an opportunity to include volunteer experience on your CV, meet new people and support the RNLI Running Crew – all while enjoying one of the UK’s best loved sporting events from a prime position.
You will be positioned at either Canary Wharf or Tower Lifeboat cheering stations
Approximately 10am - 4pm on 23 April 2017
- Whoop, cheer, whistle and shout your support for the RNLI Running Crew!
- If you have a camera, get snapping! After the race, share your photos with our runners and on social media.
- Hand out sweets to our RNLI runners.
- Most importantly – enjoy yourself!
Perks of the role
- Keep yourself refreshed with bottled water and sweet treats.
- Kit yourself out with the cheer gear.
- Meet, chat with and get to know all of the fantastic people supporting our runners from their families to the RNLI staff at the event.
- Help yourself to a bag of RNLI goodies - including an RNLI top.
If you are under 18 years of age you will be sent a consent form to complete and return before the day.
To register your interest, please go to https://volunteering.rnli.org/vacancy/volunteer-cheerer-london-marathon-306543.html
Deadline for sign ups: Please apply by 10 April 2017.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.