4 months ago
Job Title: CharityFundraiser
Volunteering commitment: minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece.
Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty. ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment.
ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity and we have found that our programmes have been particularly attractive to the young adult population (ages 18-30) on Lesbos. Like a "Happy Family", ConnectionHub is highly concerned with the education, well-being and social development of young people and our programmes are designed accordingly.
ConnectionHub Charity Fundraiser
ConnectionHub is recruiting positive, friendly, and ethically minded fundraisers to join our team of dedicate volunteers. This is a fantastic opportunity to represent our charity and develop valuable skills in fundraising. As a charity fundraiser, you will aim to increase the contributions of individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Charity Fundraiser Responsibilities:
- Set financial targets for fundraising activities, and create strategies for reaching them.
- Research and develop fundraising opportunities, including single events and detailed campaigns.
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities.
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising events.
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
Charity Fundraiser Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, public relations, journalism or related subjects (students of respective and related subjects can also apply).
- Relevant experience in grant writing, fundraising, sales, marketing or campaigning which can be accepted instead of a degree.
- Demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire people.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org.