over 1 year ago
Where: Surrey (KT21) and/or mainly at home
Travel limit: Ideally candidates should live or work in London or South East alternatively be prepared to attend meetings in person (at least one pa)
Remuneration: This Trustee position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines.
Time: Either in or out of office hours.
Estimate of time needed: Approximately 16+ hours / month
Deadline for applying: 24th April 2020
Head2Head Sensory Theatre is seeking a CEO to join and take lead during a particularly exciting time of growth and expansion. Whatever your background we would love to add to the diversity of our thinking so please do get in touch! We would particularly like to hear from you if you have a background in strategy, marketing, fundraising, finance and special educational needs' and disabilities.
About Head2Head Sensory Theatre
Our charity is dedicated to the Special Needs' Community. We are passionate about making theatre accessible to all and understand that families who have a child with a disability face many barriers. We raise awareness, share knowledge and develop new ways to make this happen. We include opportunities for self-development and learning by offering work experience to students transitioning from education.
What will you be doing?
We are a fast growing and innovative charity. We have spent 14 years building our presence and reputation, and have created an ambitious strategic plan. We now need to consider how to meet these ambitions and grow sustainably. We need a CEO who will provide:
- Strategic Leadership - Providing leadership to the charity and its board, ensuring the charity has maximum impact for its beneficiaries, operates within its charitable purposes, has a clear strategic direction, robust fundraising strategy and regularly reviews major risks.
- Governance - Ensuring that the charity's governance arrangements work in the most effective way and within all agreed policies. To this end, develop and strengthen the existing board of trustees commensurate with the planned expansion in scope and activities of the charity.
- External Relations - Acting as an ambassador and spokesperson for the cause and the charity, and represent the charity at external functions, meetings and events with the aim of increasing corporate sponsorship and raising funds for a theatre base dedicated to the Special Needs Community.
- Internal Control - Working with the administrative team to set the charity's strategic direction and ensure financial stability.
What are we looking for?
Our current CEO has taken the charity from small-micro-medium size over the past 14 years and built up an impressive presence and reputation and would now like to step down and make way for a dynamic visionary who will take the charity into a new and exciting phase of development. We wish to recruit a CEO with experience of senior management at Director or CEO level and who understands and is passionate about our charity's work. We need someone who is able to make key decisions in terms of the expansion of the charity. As CEO you would be involved in helping us develop and plan our expansion over the next five years and beyond. You will have strong networking skills and be able to provide leads for corporate sponsorship.
What difference will you make?
You will have a key role in ensuring we are able to grow sustainably, develop and reach the children who are in need of our support and inclusion. In particular, you will drive and oversee the creation of a theatre base providing drop-in facilities for families of children with disabilities and a community hub to encourage inclusivity. This base will include a life skills arena for young people with disabilities transitioning from education.
What's in it for you?
You would be part of an innovative and forward-thinking charity, focussed on reaching children who are part of those harder to reach families. You will be vital in establishing the world's first multi-sensory theatre and hub for the special needs' community. Head2Head Sensory Theatre Charity is developing fast and you will play a key part in its progress. You will be supported by a dedicated member of 5 part-timers who make up the administrative team.
Before you apply
Please ensure that you are familiar with the responsibilities of a Charity Trustee as summarised at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/charity-trustee-whats-involved
Also please visit our Head2Head Theatre profile page and website before applying to get a flavour for the Charity and its work http://www.head2headtheatre.co.uk
Please express your interest in the Head2Head Sensory Theatre CEO position by submitting your CV and covering letter in which you should indicate:
- Your interest in special needs' referring to any relevant experience
- Any experience you have in governance in a charity
- Your goals and what you hope to contribute as a CEO for Head2Head Sensory Theatre
Enquiries and applications to: email@example.com