over 1 year ago
Volunteer Business/Project Co-ordinator (3 days per week for 3 months+)
Location: Harlesden, London NW10
BANG Edutainment is a charity delivering projects for young people aged 8-13 living or going to school in Brent, designed to build their motivation and skills. BANG also delivers activities designed to improve employability and life skills in partnership with sister organisation The Beat London 103.6 FM (formerly BANG Radio), a community-radio station whose distinctive content encompasses urban music and culture.
We are looking for a Business/Project Co-ordinator Volunteer.
Your help, enthusiasm and desire to develop solid work experience in business and project management is needed to:
- Work closely with our CEO and project co-ordinator to provide business and project support to our early intervention programme.
- Assist the project team by conducting research associated with the sector.
· Help with the smooth running of the charity by undertaking data analysis and administrative duties.
· Support the creation and maintenance of project documentation
· Assist with developing and presenting funding and project proposals
- Update and maintain our CRM system Salesforce.
We need a committed volunteer who is ready for a challenge, willing and able to support the team, and who enjoys an admin heavy role! You will utilise your analytical skills, project management experience (some would be ideal) and your desire to get things done, to help us develop and grow our organisation. You will gain good knowledge and experience that will give you a great understanding of providing business and project support for a youth centred charity.
- Have an interest in supporting work that benefits young people and encourages local community building
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as being a team player
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Be experienced in customer relations/database management
- Have excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Office 365
- Be enthusiastic about taking on new challenges, tasks and processes
- Be highly organised and have a natural desire to keep things up-to-date
- Have excellent attention to detail.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you're the one we need!
Closing date: 12pm, 26th January 2018
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Please note that this is an unsalaried post. However, you will be paid expenses, a maximum of £8 per day