4 months ago
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Volunteering commitment: minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece.
Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty. ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment.
ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity and we have found that our programmes have been particularly attractive to the young adult population (ages 18-30) on Lesbos. Like a "Happy Family", ConnectionHub is highly concerned with the education, wellbeing and social development of young people and our programmes are designed accordingly.
ConnectionHub Business Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our team and help us create opportunities by engaging small, medium and large enterprises. You will be the front of the charity and will have the dedication to create and apply effective sales strategy. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener and have a compelling sales personality.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Contacting potential partners to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving fundraising.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and charity events.
- Developing goals for the development team and charity growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and stakeholders' satisfaction.
Business Development Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales and marketing or related field (students of respective subjects can also apply).
- Relevant experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Time management and planning skills.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org