almost 3 years ago
Title: Volunteer Box Office Assistant
Supported by: Deputy Box Office Manager / Box Office Supervisor
Main Purpose: To support the Box Office Team with general tasks
Overview of Role
If you have excellent computer skills, a keen interest in arts administration and an ability to learn quickly then this role may suit you. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn about all aspects of the Box Office and the chance for support in your professional development.
This role will involve assisting our Box Office team with tasks which include:
- promoting Chickenshed’s inclusive practice to customers and visitors
- giving a warm welcome to all visitors of Chickenshed
- taking bookings for all events – ensuring that all relevant customer data is collated and entered accurately into the appropriate systems
- supporting the Front of House staff so that performances begin promptly, through the efficient door sale of tickets and the collection of pre-paid tickets
- dealing with any queries, comments or customer complaints in a pleasant and sympathetic manner, passing on any messages to the Box Office Manager
- safeguarding security of monies and any valuables
Skills / Personal Qualities
- Good numeracy, literacy and basic IT skills
- Good customer service skills and welcoming manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to supporting the values of Chickenshed
- Enthusiasm and an active interest in inclusive theatre
To operate within Chickenshed policies and procedures, including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and safeguarding policies.
Training and support will be given.
Times and Commitment
This is a volunteer position for someone who is available on Saturday mornings, ideally for at least 3 months.
Please contact Jenny Kettleton firstname.lastname@example.org (020 8216 2705) to request an application form.
About us: Chickenshed believes in inclusivity – using performance and creative workshops to welcome and engage everyone. The needs of those we support range from the invisible to the visible. We believe that everyone can flourish given the right tools and environment. Through our membership and education work, network of outreach programmes, branch in Kensington & Chelsea and regular programme of performances - Chickenshed supports over 1,000 people every week. For further details please see our website: www.chickenshed.org.uk
Chickenshed believes in inclusive practice. We are committed to working with volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds.