12 months ago
Part-Time Hindi Speaking Female Volunteer Befriender/Companion
A Charitable Organisation, based in London NW10 area is looking for a Part-time Female Hindi Speaking Volunteer Befriender/Companion for an elderly female Service User in the London area of Brent.
The Charity provides Volunteer Befrienders/Companions to help alleviate loneliness and social isolation in older people.
Volunteer Befriender/Companion to offer support such as:
- Talking, reading, watching TV, playing indoor games
- Short occasional walks with service user
Key Skills/Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have current Enhanced DBS or willing to have one done, fees met by the Charity
- Experience in volunteering as a Befriender would be an advantagebut not essential
- Have good listening and communication skills
- Patient, caring and sympathetic
- Fluent in Hindi language
- Be willing to give 1-2 hours per day, for 1-2 days per week (early Mondays and/or Wednesdays)
£10 per visit toward travel expenses, or depending how far you have to travel.
To apply, please email us your CV and covering letter ASAP to email@example.com Only short listed candidates will be notified.