Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire
7 months ago
The RNLI's Lifeboat Station in Angle is looking for volunteers to join the existing team in the role of All-Weather Lifeboat Crew.
Established in 1827, Angle Lifeboat Station runs Tamar Class Lifeboat "Mark Mason" which arrived on station in March 2009 following work to adapt the boathouse and slipway.
Situated on the busy Milford Haven Waterway, Angle Lifeboat Station covers a large and busy shipping area at the south-west tip of Wales with a high amount of both commercial and leisure traffic.
The Lifeboat Crew are volunteers, headed up by the Lifeboat Operations Manager and Deputy Launching Authorities, and work alongside a volunteer Shore Crew team to safely launch and recover the lifeboat.
All boat and shore crew follow the RNLI's national Competency Based Training Scheme and respond to pagers when there is a request to launch the lifeboats. The wider team includes volunteer fundraisers, shop volunteers and water safety volunteers.
The impact you will make
This role will help us save lives at sea by ensuring that our lifeboats are in a state of permanent readiness and crewing the lifeboat on service and exercise, under the command of the coxswain.
What you will be doing
- Undertake training and maintain Competency Based Training as necessary to fulfil the role of crew member
- Be on call for lifeboat 'shouts'
- Attend exercises
- Contribute to the overall upkeep of the station, lifeboats and equipment
Find out more about becoming a lifeboat station volunteer
What you need for this role
- Team player
- Good communicator
- General fitness
- Ability to learn new skills
- Live or work within a 15-minute drive of the station and be between 17 and 65 years of age (55 for ILB crew).
What's in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
Please apply online or for further information contact the RNLI's Volunteering Team on 01202 663 346 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org