5 months ago
Healthwatch Wandsworth represents the views of patients, service users and carers with local commissioners and providers of health and social care services. Healthwatch is operated by Wandsworth Care Alliance (WCA) a local charity and is a member-led organisation.
We are looking for an office-based volunteer who can help us carry out general administrative duties and liaise and communicate with our members.
Strong administrative and organisational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A strong interest in working in the health and social care or charity sectors.
Ongoing, but a minimum of 3 months commitment, 3 hours per week or more.
- Answer and transfer telephone calls, check voice mails and take appropriate action;
- Update the Healthwatch Wandsworth website (training will be provided);
- Entering information on to our database or online survey software (training will be provided)
- Help book and organise events and conferences;
- Contact new potential Healthwatch members and encourage them to sign-up;
- Assist with the preparation of leaflets and other publicity materials;
- General office duties including scanning documents, filing and photocopying;
- Ability to handle information in a confidential, sensitive manner with due care, respect and discretion;
- Ability to follow instructions and guidance, but also to work independently when appropriate.
- Observe the Volunteers' Code of Conduct;
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We are looking for a volunteer who is available 3 hours or more per week.
Although this position is unpaid, we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment. Please visit the Healthwatch Wandsworth website www.healthwatchwandsworth.co.uk for more information.
What will you get from volunteering with Healthwatch Wandsworth?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
- The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences;
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with Healthwatch to seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment;
- The opportunity to help Healthwatch Wandsworth make a difference in the community;
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Healthwatch Expenses Policy.
- Induction and support from a supervisor;
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers' time commitment, a minimum of monthly for the first three months;
- All supervision will be recorded; a formal supervision session will be held annually with the supervisor.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8516 7767.
We look forward to hearing from you!