over 2 years ago
BECOME AN ADMIN ENERGY CHAMPION TO HELP US IN OUR EXCITING ENERGY SAVING PROGRAMME
Groundwork is a national charity that works with communities across the UK supporting them to create better places, live and work in a greener, more sustainable way and to improve their economic prospects.
We're looking for volunteers to get trained up to become a SPIRIT Energy Champion. Join our busy London office and provide support to our team through simple administration tasks and data recording. You can also learn how to offer valuable energy saving advice over the phone or on the field.
In this role you will be supported by the SPIRIT Volunteer Coordinator and Groundwork London's professional energy advisors - known as Green Doctors.
No energy efficiency experience is required - full training will be provided to all volunteers. You just have to be enthusiastic, be well organised and is it useful if you have basic computer knowledge.
- Free energy and water saving measures for your own home
- Free training and support in delivering energy efficiency advice
- Valuable experience in a well-known charity’s office
- Valuable experience for your CV
- Reference after 3 months
- Signposting to future careers in energy efficiency or office field
- Knowledge you are helping the health and wellbeing of vulnerable people
- Knowledge you are helping the fight against climate change
- You can become part of wider a network of Energy Champions across London and Europe
How it will work?
- Complete our registration form
- Come along for an informal discussion about the programme
- Take part in an energy efficiency training session
- Pick up at least one day a week when you are available
- Start volunteering with us!
SPIRIT works particularly with faith communities. If you are a member of a faith community it is great, but it is not essential.
The role can be combined with the ‘Energy Champion’ opportunity - Giving advice in person to friends and family through home visits or holding group sessions.
You will have also an opportunity to join other volunteer programmes with Groundwork London.
We can't wait to hear from you.
For more details or to apply for the role, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 365 9900