£28000.00 - £31371.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
TPP are working with a Social council to recruit a Voluntary sector support officer. This is a 12 month contract due to funding but there is a chance it could be extended.
This role could suit someone that may have worked within the NHS or a charity and dealt with policy and procures and understands the terminology in the NHS and CCG's.
This role would be part of a great team culture. You would work 35 hours a week. They have 12 in the team. They are all currently working 2 days in the office on a rota so there is only 7 staff in at one time. You would work very closely with the Health and Well-being Manager.
The purpose of this role:
This role will provide specialist advice and support to voluntary and community organisations (mainly charities and social enterprises) which deliver health and well-being services within Kensington and Chelsea, and North Westminster.
The role is part of our NHS-funded Transformation Programme for the voluntary and community sector (VCS), and it will ensure that VCS organisations are well-placed to undertake NHS
contracts, attract funding from other sources, and operate sustainably long-term to support the health and well-being of local residents. It will do this by ensuring that organisations have the right policies, procedures and systems in place to comply with NHS requirements, and by providing or referring them to sources of support, training and advice as necessary.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
Quality Assurance and Compliance
1. Support VCS organisations with updating their organisational policies and procedures as necessary, and provide advice on how to embed policies into practice.
2. Produce a bank of standard policies, procedures and internal documents for use by VCS organisations and other local VCS organisations, ensuring that these are NHS-compliant and reflective of good practice.
3. Provide advice and guidance about NHS contractual regulatory requirements and service standards as necessary.
1. Assess requests for support from VCS organisations; provide support or signpost to colleagues from the Organisational Development team, or external support, as appropriate.
2. Undertake one-to-one support sessions, and follow-up sessions, with staff from VCS organisations which are delivering NHS contracts on request.
3. Develop and adapt monitoring and evaluation frameworks to establish clear outcomes with reference to the NHS Outcomes framework and current Self Care outcomes
Health Sector funding and service-development opportunities
1. Manage the day-to-day running of the Adapt & Innovate grant fund and support funded organisations to make meaningful changes to their organisation.
2. Manage, or support the management of, other funds which might be developed, working with the H&WB Manager.
3. Undertake regular desk-based research to maintain awareness of potential funding and service-development opportunities and share findings with the VCS.
To be successful in this role you will have:
Experience or understanding of health and well-being services provided by the voluntary and community sector and/or the NHS.
Understanding of the NHS's contractual and regulatory requirements including information governance - or, those of a similar body.
Understanding of the NHS's structures and processes particularly at a local level.
Experience of developing policies and procedures for charities or other organisations
Experience of monitoring the compliance of an organisation or service against an agreed set of standards.
Experience of coaching and/or training for a range of audiences
If you are interested in this opportunity please get in touch now!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.