£50k per year
over 3 years ago
A membership foundation which aims to improve standards and professionalism within the education and training sector are recruiting for a Programme Manager for their Vocational Education & Training offering.
The aim of the foundation in to build a world class Vocational Education and Training system with employers at the heart to provide the following:
- support for staff at all levels involved in apprenticeships and traineeships;
- support for improving vocational teaching and learning, including our Teach Too programme which builds on the outcomes of the Commission on Adult Vocational Teaching and Learning;
- developing approaches to leading employer engagement through our Two-way Street local leadership exchanges;
- developing sector capacity to respond to the challenges of increasing higher level VET;
- working with local enterprise partnerships and industrial partnerships to develop VET programmes that meet priority local and sectoral needs;
- support for skills competitions.
You will provide overall leadership, development and management for areas such as grant letters and commercial strategy, managing the implementation of research, quality and evaluation frameworks and develop stakeholder engagement.
You will also focus on leading and managing the foundation's new apprenticeship support programme and associated activity, including Teach Too, Two-way Street, the foundation's approach to employer engagement and skills competitions, and the development of support for staff working on higher level vocational programmes.
Essential criteria for the role include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A teaching or post-graduate qualification or equivalent and evidence of continuing professional development
- Significant understanding and experience of organisational/workforce development in the education and training sector, for example leadership, Apprenticeships
- Significant understanding and experience of national or regional delivery programmes within the education and training sector
- Excellent proven record of designing and co-ordinating complex projects from end to end within an education or training environment
- Effectively building and maintaining complex partnerships within an education or training environment
- Communicating and organising effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Developing systems for the collection, monitoring, synthesis and dissemination of information, to produce high quality documentation/reports for a variety of audiences
- Supporting and implementing the principles and practices of equality and diversity
- Experience of developing and implementing effective approaches to securing equality and diversity in education and training contexts
- Experience of managing budgets effectively and autonomously
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J53600KP