Birmingham, West Midlands
22 days ago
Who are we?
Believe in Bee Foundation is a UK Registered Non-Profit Charitable organisation created in memory of the late Bianca Thomas who was a victim of teenage domestic violence (04/05/1993 - 15/08/2018).
The organisation was founded by Jhiselle Feanny (Bianca's sister) and Diane Gobourne-Thomas (Mother), both of whom are experienced and qualified social work practitioners who have worked in a variety of statutory roles with combined experience of over 30years.
The Charity provides 1-2-1 and group work support to vulnerable children, adolescents and young adults aged between 10 - 27 years old who have suffered/ been exposed to domestic abuse, violence, exploitation, and post trauma.
We provide bespoke support tailored to the individual's needs, to improve their overall life outcomes using a strengths based, and risk reduction approach.
We know first-hand through Bianca's death the importance of having the right support at the right time; our goal is to show you alternatives to life and to re-enforce your mindset to help you to believe and see that you are valued and deserve better!
- Reduce social inequality, criminality/re-offending rates
- Improving overall mental and physical health well-being
- Minimise the risk of poverty by offering housing and homelessness support through promotion of life skills education and employment support
- Improving social, emotional welfare through the use of mentoring and strengths-based interventions
Why work with us?
- We do not offer a one size fits all service; we will tailor the service to suit the individual's specific situation, presentation and needs.
- Members of our team have lived through similar situations and understand the individual's circumstances.
- We will be there to help guide the individuals with their goals and aspirations.
- We truly believe in our ability to provide support for the vulnerable people who need it most and want to show our service users/clients they deserve better.
- We want to help change circumstances and prevent further trauma and harm from Domestic Abuse.
Are you passionate about change?
Volunteers are needed now more than ever! Due to the impact of Covid 19 there has been a significant increase in Domestic Abuse, deterioration of individual Mental Health with more reports of victims finding it harder to escape their abusers.
Domestic violence can have serious and significant lifelong effects on children, adolescents and adult's health, emotional development, and future life outcomes significantly.
Trauma from Domestic Abuse and Violence can manifest long term in the form of depression, other mental health conditions, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, cause Behavioural issues, and create cycles of intergenerational abuse; a cycle we need to STOP.
Most importantly, children, adolescents and young adults who have witnessed or suffered domestic violence at home are more likely to become involved in violent or abusive relationships as either a victim, perpetrator, or both.
Believe in Bee Foundation need volunteers more than ever for a variety of roles to END Domestic Abuse and Exploitation:
- Trauma Mentors
- Fundraising Manager
- Social Media Blogger
- Administrative Manager
- Volunteer Manager
- Website Design Maintenance Manager
If you feel any of these roles suit you, please send your CV and a covering letter to the CEO Jhiselle Feanny. Alternatively, if you wish to further discuss any of the roles advertised, please visit the website for Believe In Bee Foundation where you can use the Contact Us section or directly email Jhiselle who will arrange a call back on a time and date convenient to you.
All the best, The Believe In Bee Foundation Team
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a brief personal statement to CEO Jhiselle Feanny - Jhisellefeanny@believeinbeefoundation.org.uk
Closing date: Friday 11th June 2021