about 3 years ago
The Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (IKWRO) is recruiting trustees on a rolling basis. We are currently accepting applications for potential high calibre trustees with several years of direct professional experience in one or more of the below fields:
- Charity/voluntary sector experience
- Sales, advertising, marketing, PR and/or branding
- Website and/or graphic design and/or UX
- Fundraising for charities
- Employment Law
- Human Resources
In terms of time commitment:
- There is an annual AGM and the trustees have a board meeting every 6 weeks, usually on a weeknight at 6.30pm for 2 hours in the City of London. The dates are set on an annual basis and the board endeavours to check the availability of trustees prior to setting the dates.
- In between board meetings, the board have further sub-committee meetings also lasting 2 hours, on dates and times set by agreement and further work is carried out between meetings by individual board members working directly with employees of the charity to assist them in achieving their objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to be on an all-women board of a charity which does important work to protect and promote the safety and rights of women from the Middle-East, Turkey, Afghanistan and North Africa.
As this is a small charity, the trustees have an important strategic and rewarding role in assisting the charity in achieving its objectives and therefore any new trustee should be prepared to commit several hours per month in assisting the charity.
If you wish to apply, please request an application form from the charity's executive director, Diana Nammi at Diana.Nammi@ikwro.org.uk
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to write Diana an email.