Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
6 months ago
Who we are
The Welcome Centre is an independent Foodbank based in the centre of Huddersfield. We have been operating in one form or another for 25 years. Over the past ten years our work has expanded significantly and we now run a two-centre operation, working in partnership with 130 services and agencies to support local people in crisis. We are the largest independent foodbank in Yorkshire.
We supply food, toiletries, bedding and household goods to individuals and families who are in difficulty. Last year we gave out nearly 9000 packs. We also provide support advocacy and guidance. We have a small staff team of 5 employees and we rely on the work of over 70 volunteers to maintain the service.
You can find out more about us on our website www.thewelcomecentre.org
Our Board of Trustees
Our Board is made up of volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. Together we set out the overall strategy, monitor progress against our targets and objectives and ensure that the Welcome Centre operates on a financially sound basis.
Trustees attend four meetings per year (usually held on Monday evenings), as well as an annual strategy day and our AGM. In addition most of us serve on one of the three subgroups. Most of us also take responsibility for particular areas of governance.
We currently have four vacancies. We would welcome applications and would be particularly interested in candidates who can offer expertise/experience in one or more of the following areas-
- Financial management. We need a new treasurer although we do use an accountancy firm to produce our annual statements.
- T. systems. We use a database to record and report our work with clients, with partners and with donors.
- Benefits system and the issues around food poverty.
- Business expertise from one of our corporate partners
We are looking to develop a balance in terms of age and ethnicity within the board. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
You do not have to know everything. We will provide training, induction and support as well as a lively and stimulating environment and the opportunity to make a difference. Above all we are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals.
- If you are interested in finding out more and possibly applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject 'trustee vacancy' to register your interest. We will send you more information including a brief application form.
If you wish to talk to a trustee, or to come and look round the centre please let us know in your email.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 13th October
- After you've found out more and wish to apply, complete the application form and send it back to us with a brief c.v. The deadline for applications is Friday 5th
- Trustees will look at applications at their meeting on 13th November and invite candidates for interview.
- Interviews will take place between the 20th November and 1st
We look forward to hearing from you.