7 months ago
Vacancies | Migrants Resource Centre
Migrants Resource Centre has worked for over 30 years to help migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers overcome the barriers that prevent them from fully participating in British society. Following our merger with Asylum Aid last year, we have agreed an ambitious new five-year strategy reflecting the urgency of the issue of immigration in the UK today. We are looking for a chairperson with a strong commitment to the work of MRC and to good governance, to guide our board at an exciting time for the organisation.
The environment for those concerned about migration and refugee protection issues is extremely challenging. Following our merger with Asylum Aid last year, we have agreed an ambitious new five-year strategy that reflects the urgency of immigration issues in the UK, as well as our growing role in the migration and refugee sector. To help us achieve our aims in this challenging environment, we are looking for trustees with unique experience of business and policy issues who can help guide the organisation as we undertake new and exciting work:
MRC is seeking to recruit a Trustee with particular experience of individual and major donor fundraising to support the development of this aspect of our strategy. In addition to the attributes required of all Trustees, the Fundraising Trustee should also demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in individual and major donor fundraising either at board/senior management level or as a significant donor yourself
- Ability to provide oversight, advice, challenge and support for our income generation from the public and high net worth individuals
- Ability to serve on the Fundraising Committee, ensuring compliance with fundraising & data protection regulations.
MRC is seeking to recruit a Trustee with experience of public policy and connections across the political spectrum, particularly in the current Government. In addition to the attributes required of all Trustees, the Policy Trustee should also demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in public policy with connections across the political spectrum, or
- Ability to support the Policy & Campaigns team to develop effective strategies
MRC is seeking to recruit a Trustee with experience of the role of immigration in business, including sectors such as finance, healthcare, agriculture, construction or hospitality. In addition to the attributes required of all Trustees, the Business Trustee should also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the impact of immigration policy on business
- Ability to support the Policy & Campaigns team to build alliances with businesses and representative bodies
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience, suitability for the role and why you would like to be involved with Migrants Resource Centre.
Applications will be considered by the Board and selected applicants will be invited for an interview by the Chair and the Chief Executive.
Please send your application to:
Centre Berol House
25 Ashley Road
Expressions of interest should be submitted no later than 30th September 2017.