about 4 years ago
Bradbourne Riding for the Disabled (RDA) Group is keen to diversify the Board's range of experience and skills and would particularly welcome applications from individuals with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Event Management
- Legal and/or Company Secretary
- Marketing and Communications.
This is an exciting time to get involved to help shape and progress new initiatives, and provides interesting and rewarding opportunities to be part of one of the South East's forward looking charities devoted to enabling those with disabilities to develop life skills and achieve personal ambitions while connecting with animals in the countryside.
Bradbourne Riding for the Disabled (RDA) Group is one of the largest RDA groups in the UK and has been operating for over fifty years. It is based at the Bradbourne Riding and Training Centre outside Sevenoaks and is entirely run by 130 volunteers who enable over 300 disabled riders and carriage drivers to participate in 4000 rides and carriage drives each year. There are no paid staff in any role. As well as providing an introduction to riding for very disabled individuals, the busy Group takes part in dressage, endurance, and show jumping, and is regularly involved in local, regional, and national RDA events, local shows and fund raising activities.
Joining the Board of Bradbourne RDA Group offers the following benefits:
- contributing to and enabling the provision of new opportunities for disabled children and adults from the local area and a diverse range of volunteering roles;
- opportunities to witness and share in the courage, determination and achievements of riders and carriage drivers of all ages, backgrounds, and across the spectrum of disabilities;
- expanding your network, and broadening your knowledge and awareness of the implications of living with disability;
- scope to think creatively and independently while working as a member of a team;
- supporting and adding value to a committed, proven and well respected charity with your time and expertise.
All Trustees are responsible for:
- the overall governance and strategic direction of Bradbourne RDA Group;
- developing the organisation's aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines;
- safeguarding the good name of the charity;
- ensuring financial stability;
- continually striving for best practice in governance that inspires public confidence and trust in the charity.
Trustee Person Specification
- Motivated and positive about the aims and objectives of Bradbourne RDA Group
- Keen to make a difference
- Willing to devote time and effort including attending promotional events
- Self-driven and with good team skills
- Experience of volunteering
- Awareness of the positive impact RDA activities can have on people's lives.
Although it would be ideal if applicants have had previous governance experience, it is not essential as Bradbourne RDA Group can provide induction and support as required.
The roles have unlimited potential but successful applicants will be expected to input an average of a day a month and visit Bradbourne to watch at least one ride and carriage drive during the year.
The roles will be undertaken remotely with Board meetings and the annual Open Meeting being held in person on site at Bradbourne RDA Group quarterly.
As a charitable company limited by guarantee, Board members are both Directors and Trustees. Board membership is a voluntary position. Expenses can be reimbursed.
Further details about Bradbourne RDA Group can be found on the website at http://www.bradbourne-rda.org.uk/, via facebook (www.facebook.com/BradbourneRDA), and on Twitter (@BradbourneRDA).
All enquiries, CVs with cover letter, and requests to have an informal, non-obligation chat about the role and the Group to email@example.com