about 1 year ago
Would you like to join a dedicated team of Trustees who oversee the work of a fast-growing charity improving the mental health of people in Surrey?
We are looking for new Trustees who share our values and are passionate about supporting those who experience any mental or emotional health problems.
Mary Frances Trust (MFT) is a charitable organisation established in 1994 by people who used mental health services, carers and professionals to support people with any mental health problems. It is a non-medical service set up to address the social consequences of mental health problems on the lives and well-being of people with mental or emotional problems.
Our values are
- Contribution - strength based approach not just for a passive recipient. Active and voluntary involvement in every aspect of running the organisation (including delivery, monitoring, reviewing and service development)
- Individuality - everyone offered a personally tailored approach with supported space to think what is working and not working in their life and finding a way forward
- Inclusivity - not segregated, not separate from the community, providing a connection through our services into mainstream community activities
- Commitment to equal and respectful relationships, which serve as a model for behaviour within and outside activities associated with MFT
- Enabling people to find their own strengths and resources – doing with, not doing for
- Belief that people can improve and achieve their goals and their potential. Recovery is possible for each individual.
As part of your role as a trustee you will:
- Ensure the vision and mission of the charity is maintained
- Work with the staff, fellow trustees and people using our services to determine the overall direction and development of the charity through strategic planning and good governance
- Ensure that the charity and its representatives operate within all legal and regulatory requirements
- Be an ambassador for the Mary Frances Trust
- Attend bi-monthly Trustees meetings, a board awayday, relevant training, events and other meetings throughout the year, as agreed
- Be pro-active in developing the charity’s network of support
- Support the charity’s fundraising strategy by assisting in the cultivation and stewardship of potential and existing donors
- Commit to a term of 3 years
Please see the attached role description for further details.
In return the Mary Frances Trust can offer:
- A great opportunity to play a vital role in the development of a mental health charity
- A full and tailored induction into our work
- Access to trustee training courses, as required
- The chance to be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team
- Out of pocket expenses
Please apply if you share our values, are excited by helping us to deliver on our mission and have the skills and expertise we seek.
We are particularly interested in applications from individuals:
- With significant HR, legal or commissioning experience
- With lived experience of mental or emotional health problems
We encourage applications from people from minority ethnic groups, who are currently under-represented on our Board.
To find out more about the Mary Frances Trust and our work, please visit our website. You are very welcome to call and speak to Lee Bennett, Chair on 07805 305 452 or Patrick Wolter, CEO on 01372 375 400 or email@example.com to discuss the role and Mary Frances Trust ahead of applying.
Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter (of no more than two pages), explaining the reasons you wish to join the board and how you feel you will contribute to the Mary Frances Trust.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.