almost 2 years ago
We are looking for 3–4 new Board Directors for MADE. This is a voluntary role which helps to determine and oversee the strategy and development of the organisation, working closely with the Board Chair and the CEO, Lucy Bushill-Matthews.
Lucy’s background is in analysis in multinational corporates. She has subsequently spent ten years in international development, partly in a country office in marketing and programmes and more recently in the international headquarters of a large children’s rights NGO in strategy. Lucy has also authored a book and been a regular columnist in Emel magazine.
MADE is an innovative organisation in the UK inspiring and enabling young British Muslims to take positive action to serve society and the environment. It does this through educating Muslim young people about the Islamic principles behind social action, skilling up Muslim young leaders, and partnering with others to provide opportunities for young people to participate in social action projects through volunteering and campaigning.
About the opportunity
The key responsibilities of MADE’s Board Directors are to:
- set the mission, vision and strategy for the organisation
- ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and governing documents
- ensure effective management and financial stability
- act as an advocate for the organisation through networking
- play a role in securing funds for the organisation
All board members are required to have:
- Commitment to MADE’s aims and values
- Good networks of contacts in relevant fields
- Availability to attend quarterly board meetings at MADE’s East London office (evening and weekend) in addition to events and networking opportunities;
- Provide further input as required not amounting to more than 12 hours per month
- Independent judgement, strategic vision and ability to challenge constructively
It is desirable that board members have:
- Commitment to raise funds for the organisation
- Prior experience of committee / trustee work
In addition, we are specifically looking for the following skills to complement our existing Board members:
- Finance (Treasurer role)
- Legal and governance
- Fundraising and marketing
- Knowledge of the Education sector
MADE encourages people of all faiths and none to apply.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.