almost 3 years ago
The Trustees of NACUE (the National Association of College and University Entrepreneurs) are seeking new Trustees to help lead NACUE into the next phase of our exciting, challenging and critical mission to encourage and promote entrepreneurship among students and to support the next generation of business-oriented student leaders.
NACUE is a UK charity which supports over 260 entrepreneurial societies at universities and colleges across the country. Our aim is to expose every UK student to the entrepreneurial ethos. We deliver events and conferences attended by thousands of enthusiastic students, graduates and educators. We connect these trailblazers with the skills and resources needed to achieve their goals. We champion the voice of students and educators, helping them to shape policy with those in the government, business and academia. In addition, our network of student societies mount enterprise promotion events and business competitions, run incubators, provide funding for start up businesses, operate businesses and social enterprises and reach out to thousands more students every year.
Our new Trustees, who will join the NACUE Charity Board, will ideally be:
- strategic and visionary thinkers
- high profile leaders with Board experience in the public or private sectors
- currently active in further or higher education, and knowledgeable on higher and further education’s role in enterprise
- experienced in securing corporate sponsorship and/or in charitable fund-raising
- strong networkers in areas related to the promotion and funding of entrepreneurs
- experienced in seeking to influence senior decision makers, e.g. in government, business and/ or the media
- experienced in governance issues, preferably in relation to charities
- passionate and committed to creating economic opportunity for the young
- experienced in selling to universities and colleges
The Trustee posts are unremunerated. Time commitment is 8 - 12 days per annum. Board meetings are normally quarterly held at NACUE HQ in London. Board members are encouraged to attend key NACUE events, some of which are held in other parts of the UK.
Interested candidates should send a brief CV with appropriate covering letter to NACUE’s Chair,
Professor John MacIntyre
56 Warner Place
The Trustees are keen to hear from candidates involved in Further Education, and from female candidates as currently an all-male board.
NB For more information on NACUE please visit our website: http://nacue.com