about 3 years ago
We are seeking exceptional people to join our volunteer Board of Trustees, to take our work forward and achieve our ambitions for 2016 and beyond. We’ve just had our most successful year ever, putting more than £1.6 million into supporting local charities.
MK Community Foundation is an independent charity working for and at the heart of Milton Keynes. We connect people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change and long term solutions for our communities. Our vision is for a thriving Milton Keynes where everyone is contributing to their community.
We achieve our goals and vision by:
- Inspiring philanthropy in people and organisations to support our local communities
- Championing the work and changing needs of our voluntary sector
- Providing long term support through its grant-making and property portfolio
The Board of Trustees is seeking applications from people who have a commitment to community issues with professional knowledge and skills. Whilst we are seeking skills in philanthropy, marketing, property and the voluntary and community sector, we also welcome applications from people with other areas of expertise.
Become a Trustee of the Board
The Board is responsible for the governance of not the day-to-day management of MK Community Foundation. Each Trustee needs to be prepared to give their time and expertise to make an important contribution to the Community Foundation's strategic aims, which requires having the interests of the community at heart and includes:
- Making a commitment to the regular attendance at Board, and other Committee meetings
- Attendance at a range of receptions and events
- Involvement in the Community Foundation's grant and philanthropy activities
- Supporting and maintaining awareness of the Community Foundation's activities and also those of the local voluntary sector
- Embracing the Community Foundation’s values and being an ambassador for the Community Foundation
Please apply in writing to Emma Wilkinson, email@example.com by Monday 29 February 2016. Please email Emma or call 01908 304432 if you have any queries.
Closing Date: Midday on Monday 29 February 2016.
Those short-listed will be invited for an interview.
Charity reg. no. 295107