about 1 month ago
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.
Options for Life is a not for profit voluntary organisation. We provide opportunities for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to improve their confidence, develop their skills and live as independently as possible enjoying the same rights and opportunities as everybody else. We are passionate that we support all of our participants to make their own choices about their own lives.
Based in Oldbury in the West Midlands we work with participants across the West Midlands, we have an annual turnover of £1.6million and employ over 60 staff. As a leading learning disability organisation, we want to recruit new Trustees with a breadth of skills and talent to help us with our ongoing growth and continual improvement.
We are particularly keen to recruit a diverse board of trustees and welcome applications from all sectors of the community with lots of different experiences. Previous Trustee experience is not essential.
As a minimum the Trustee is required to:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document - sometimes known as a trust deed, constitution, or articles of association.
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
- To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives - the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how 'charitable' and 'worthwhile' those activities are.
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- To protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation's funds.
- We are committed to inducting our Trustees and supporting them in their ongoing development. It is a requirement we will expect all new Trustees to go on the Understanding Governance stage 1 course if not already completed.
Being a Trustee with Options for Life will:
- Utilise your extensive skills and talents
- Allow you to develop new skills
- Improve personal networks
- Improve career prospects
- Get involved in the local community
- Make a difference
We will pay any reasonable expenses associated with your role as trustee. This may include reasonable travel expenses, the most common of which are travel to/from meetings.
To find out more you can visit:
Alternatively contact our Chief Executive, Nicola Thomson for an informal chat on 0121 544 6611 or email email@example.com and request a Trustee Recruitment Pack