about 2 months ago
Orchestras Live is seeking new trustees.
- Are you passionate about live music?
- Do you want to play a part in making sure that everyone has the opportunity to access high quality orchestral experiences?
- Would you value being part of an inclusive group of trustees working together to make this happen?
We are looking for people like you to play a key role in the future development of this vibrant charity.
Who we are looking for and why
We want to recruit up to four new trustees to join us over the next couple of years and be active, enthusiastic and involved members of our dynamic and ambitious team. Trustees play a crucial role in shaping the strategic direction of the charity and agreeing our business plan. To support this, we need a broad range of skills, expertise and lived experience. We are particularly keen to receive applications from Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse, D/deaf and disabled candidates as they are currently under-represented on our Board. We also want to ensure representation from across England, our area of operation.
Our programme of orchestral activity focuses on building inclusive cultural communities through civic engagement, work to support health & wellbeing and work with children and young people, supported by a programme of workforce development. We will continue to learn and grow, demonstrating insight, impact and sector leadership and will tackle barriers to inclusion.
We would particularly, but not exclusively, welcome applications from people who can contribute to the Board's effectiveness in any or a combination of the following areas:
- work in health and social care settings, such as social prescribing and integrated care commissioning
- orchestral workforce development and tackling barriers to inclusion in the music profession
- research and evaluation partnerships with the higher education sector
- local government and the context for the arts
- finance and social investment
- environmental responsibility
Explore our website for in-depth information about who we are, who we work with and what we do.
How to apply
Please view the full Trustee Pack on our website and email your CV together with a covering letter (or 5-minute video if you prefer), explaining why the role appeals to you and what you could bring to Orchestras Live, bearing in mind the skills and experience we are looking for.
Please address your letter or video to our Chair, Tony Stoller, and email it to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 5th July 2021